Friday, March 29, 2013

Thing #10

I have never heard of RSS readers until this class. I've always seen the symbol on websites, but I had no idea what it stood for. I was surprised to find out that they are very useful! I love reading blogs and looking up different websites, and sometimes, I'll forget them, or the blogs will be hard for me to track, but with RSS readers, it's easy to keep track of all of your favorite websites. Plus, the reader will update you when the blog owner has posted a new entry so you don't always have to check every day for it.

RSS readers are a great way for other teachers to stay on  track of their favorite educational blogs. Teachers bounce ideas off of one another, so with RSS, they can always be up-to-date on new techniques for their class. I know that I will use RSS now in order to keep tabs on my favorite blogs. It's easier to keep it on Google Reader than having to sort through my bookmarks!

No comments:

Post a Comment